Monday, November 29, 2010

Chapter 3

I had hoped the book about our medical journey would be complete by now, at least for 2010. But alas, now we enter a new chapter. Ava has a bladder infection. No big deal, right? No big deal, unless it's her second in two months (and actually, I think it's her third, but the first one wasn't diagnosed). There's a certain smell to her diapers that made me wonder, and then today she was just off, took a long nap, and woke up lethargic and feverish. I knew immediately, took her in, she peed in a bag (getting talented at that!) and sure enough.

So what next? An ultrasound and other imaging tests that I'm not too sure what all they entail. I don't know if she'll have to be put under or not. I'm not sure what they're looking for. And I'm not sure if it's related to my kidney issues or not. Or to the staph infections going around our house.

But I'm sure that this too, will pass. Tonight, I'm tired of it. Tomorrow is pharmacy delivery and home health nurse for Abby. The rest of the days will take care of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment