Tuesday, November 9, 2010

At a complete and total loss

Abby's leg has left me completely baffled. Last weekend it got so bad that we ended up at Children's Hospital ER (we're getting used to that place!) because she just could not manage the pain at night. She wakes up screaming at least two, sometimes three times at night. Pain in her leg, just above her knee. She rubs it, she paces, she howls, I give her medicine. Twenty-five minutes later she sleeps and I lay there awake and wonder. Three hours later she starts tossing and turning, up and down, half asleep, and then she's up again, in pain again.

Then there was last night. Same start... Bed at 8, up at 11:30 with leg pain. She fell asleep again at midnight in my bed, and then at 12:30 it all went crazy. She sat up, cried, and then immediately threw up over and over. Yuck. She took a shower, we cleaned up, and then she layed back down. I worried that I had given her too much medication without enough to eat, but then I took her temperature. 103.5. Well, two weeks of leg pain, no fever, and now this.

We'll call the doctor again today. We'll go to an orthopedic doctor tomorrow. Someday we'll figure out what this is. Or it will go away. Hopefully it will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment