Sunday, November 21, 2010

Week of Thankfulness

As we begin Thanksgiving week, I'm thankful more than I probably ever have been at the start of any Thanksgiving week. Mostly, I'm thankful today that for the first week in four weeks, I'm not at Children's Hospital or ER with one of the kidlets.

Second, I'm thankful that not only are we at home, but that everyone is on the mend nicely, and quicker than we ever thought possible.

Third, I'm thankful for all the prayers, thoughts, well-wishes, hugs and other support we've gotten through all of this. It's been truly amazing and overwhelming.

Fourth, I'm thankful for all the gifts we've gotten to keep us fat and happy. Cookies, McDonald's gift cards, card games, pillow pets, baloons, teddy bears, socks, slippers, pjs, puzzles, books, CDs, and one BP gift card from someone anonymous that I love because it gets me my English toffee cappuchinos on the way to hospital visits.

Fifth, I'm thankful for a short week, for celebrating with my family a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, for the start of the holiday season and for my own bed, which I'll be hitting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment