Monday, November 1, 2010

Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da

Oh my goodness! Stop the world, I just need a day. Maybe two. Please??

Last week started innocently enough. Monday was Max's dress-up day for school. Tuesday was dress up day and parade for Abby and Nolan's school. Nothing major, just a little extra costume planning.

Then Dave had training Wednesday-Friday so I didn't see him at all, and the kids had Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off school. Wednesday we went to Flabbergast during the day (a place with blow-up bounce house things) and Stonefire Pizza for dinner (Chuck E. Cheese on steroids).

Thursday was supposed to be my friend Laura watching the kids and a job interview, but when I woke up and Ava was sick and Abby had a sore leg, I canceled the interview and instead it was Ava to the doctor. Max missed his regularly scheduled Y class.

Friday was a kidney function test for me in the morning and then a follow-up test for Ava in the afternoon, which of course led to Children's Hospital, and surgery. Max missed his regularly scheduled Y class, as well as the new Y class that started.

Then home Saturday night. Abby was supposed to have volleyball Saturday morning for the first time, but Dave skipped it since the kids were still sleeping.

Sunday morning I had  church, where I had to read the names of the people who died in the past year in our parish (for All Soul's Day tomorrow). I forgot how emotional it is to listen to the names being read, with the music in the background, but when I was up there reading it, looking out on the grieving faces of their loved ones, it was tough to get through. Then it was off to the nursing home to bring communion. Then, of course, Halloween festivities!

Dave left today for work, comes home Thursday. Today was also my rescheduled job interview. It went well, but I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks. Do I want to go back full-time? Should I ask Direct Supply? Should I skip it? Should Dave stay home and I'll go to work? Then tonight I was supposed to be teaching church class, but then they called and said it was just a group activity... no class time. Yeah! I stayed home instead.

I also got 10 phone calls today and couldn't handle any more. One was from daycare... they don't think they have room for Ava anymore just one day a week. Great. They asked if I could change my day of daycare. Ummm, unless I want her to be in daycare while I'm at home, and then home by herself when I'm at work, I don't think so. She asked if she wanted her to go look at the schedule again. Well, sure. I still haven't heard back. Not sure if that's good or bad.

With all this stuff, I forgot to sign Max up for his new Y classes starting tomorrow. I don't know if I should or if I should skip it. Most weeks I'm looking for stuff to do with him. This week? It would be nice just to hang out a little. And Nolan and Abby have Y classes tomorrow after school. And I hope it's back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Stop the world, I wanna get off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment