Thursday, November 18, 2010

The sicky girls

Since the hospital is so fresh in our minds, with doctor appointments for both Abby and Ava coming up, I thought it would be appropriate to show some hospital pics! Yes, I'm crazy, and brought my camera to the hospital each time. Otherwise, how would we ever remember these days???

Abby a day after the bone biopsy, up and around on the walker. She looks happy here, but she was embarassed to be walking with a walker. She felt like a little old lady she said. :) The crutches the next day were much, much better.
The horrible, horrible IV. Twice the vein collapsed when they were trying to put it in, and with the blood draws before that, she was done, and what prompted her "I don't wanna DO it again" mantra.
Switching over to Ava. Here she is, passed out finally, sometime after midnight. With her horrible, horrible IV on her foot. It took three times for her, too, to get the IV in.
In the waiting room, after the hospital band was put on. I kept asking "What time is it?" and she did her looking at her watch impression every time!
Just tooling around the ER room in her little hospital gown. When I went back with Abby to the ER the first time, we were in the same ER room. In fact, they tried to give her the same hospital gown. I just laughed when the care provider said, "Oh, maybe she needs a bigger one. She's tall for 8." Yeah, right. Tall.

Relaxing and comfy with her nukie and her bear. But still wouldn't fall asleep.

And back to Abby. Up in real clothes, just the PICC line with no attached IV. And the slipper booties! Everyone loved the slipper booties she got from my mom. At least five people asked where we got them (Kohl's) and when (that same day) so they could get them for their daughters.

Tomorrow Abby has her orthopedic follow up. My hopes are her stitches in her leg can come out and we don't have to put dressing on it anymore or keep it covered. I'm also hoping they are able to give us a timeline for the PICC line. I know that she'll need antibiotics for 6 weeks, but they said they could possibly switch to oral antibiotics sooner than that. I want to know when.

Monday Ava has a follow up appointment with her surgeon. I don't expect that appointment to be a very big deal. Her wound looks healed and no problems. My hope is they can tell me ways I could prevent it in the future.

And Tuesday I have a follow up appointment with my urologist. Awhile back I had a nuclear dye test done on my right kidney because he didn't think it was draining. If it's not, that will require some sort of surgery to fix it. My hope for that is he tells me he's wrong and it's functioning just fine, minues the seven or so kidney stones in it.

Send us healthy thoughts!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I'm so glad everyone is on the mend!

Post a Comment