Monday, April 11, 2011

Times they are a-changin'

Three years ago I started this blog a few weeks before I quit my job (quit, but worked a day a week anyway). And now it's looking certain I will be going back full time again. Crazy, I know!

Last week I had an interview at Kohl's (if you're reading this and are very interested in my work life because, well, you work with me, please be assured that I've let anyone know who should know!). I think it went very well, and I should hear this week whether I'll get a second interview or not. I hate to even write this here because I don't want to tempt fate. And even more, I don't want to be embarassed if I don't get an offer, which I will have to then publicly (or at least bloggily) announce.

I am also looking at full-time positions at my current company, too. I've been exploring that route for about seven months now, which feels a little excessive. But, there's something about the devil you know. While it has its challenges working there, I also know how flexible it is, and I've paid my dues. It's hard to start a new place and hard to be the new person.

But mostly, a change is now mostly precipitated by Dave's job. It's been in limbo for a few months now, with a buy-out imminent, and the buy-out is still in government review. We've wanted a change, and for him to travel less, for about seven months now, too. This morning he had a meeting with his boss' boss, they talked about the travel required coming up, Dave's commitment level, and the going forward plan. They mutually agreed it was in the best interest of both for Dave to tender his resignation. It worked for them, because they want someone who can devote their entire life to it, and it worked for Dave, because he got a good package, including unemployment, and the summer off with the kids!

And so, things are a little in limbo. But I have faith that we'll land on our feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment