Friday, April 22, 2011

Customer service, please

On Monday, I took Nolan and his friend Kyan to pick out their birthday cakes. They're doing a joint "party" because their birthdays are on the same day, but really it's just two friends, plus Dave and Kyan's dad (and Abby) going to Stonefire Pizza (kinda Chuck E. Cheese's) and hanging out for awhile. So anyway, I took them Monday for their cakes, and Kyan wanted white cake a frosting and Nolan wanted chocolate. Ok. They both like baseball, but Kyan is a Yankee fan and Nolan While Sox. Ok. So we looked through the cake book, and most of the logos other than the Brewers were crossed out except for one page. So, we asked about the logos, if they could do half chocolate half vanilla, both cake and frosting, and explained it the best we could. I also asked if they would call me on Tuesday if they couldn't make the cake so I could find someone else who could.

Well...

The called THIS MORNING, Friday morning, to tell me they didn't have the logos. WHAT? How could you not know that when we ordered the cake? How could you not tell me that on Tuesday so I could find someone who could do it? And now, Friday morning, I can't give anyone the 48 hours they need to make the cake, especially one that's a little, well, specific. I was NOT happy.

Fortunately, they gave me 30% off the cake. And, fortunately, I am married to a creative person. Dave is currently trying to put the logos on the half white, half chocolate cake. We'll see how it goes!

AND THEN...

We ordered pizza from a place in Hartford for dinner tonight. I gave them 30 minutes or so and then went to pick it up, and they told me it would be another 20 minutes. Really?? So I went to grab some groceries and got back and they still weren't done. Geez! They guy tried to tell me it was because it's Good Friday. Give me a break. When I asked if it should really take over an hour, he said it usually is about 40 minutes. Then I asked if I came in and ordered if it would take that long, he said about 30 minutes. So, it would have been quicker if I came in and ordered it, and he said yes because those go to the front of the stack. REALLY??? That just seems ridiculous. I got a free 2-liter of soda. That I can't even drink until Sunday. Woo hoo.

Bottom line? Do it right the first time. If you don't, make it right. There's no better impression on somone than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment