Monday, April 25, 2011

Decision, made

Last week I got a job offer from Kohl's. The next day I got a full-time offer from Direct Supply. A good place to be in, but a difficult decision to make! The compensation was nearly the same, as were benefits, vacation and other extras. I know Direct Supply, the good, the bad and the ugly, all demons that I already know and am already frustrated with. Kohl's is a fresh start, and demons, if any, that I don't know.

In the end, it came down to what do I want to do. The Kohl's job was much more operationally focused. It was within a business unit and, while I think I could have really been successful and probably even happy, the Direct Supply job is much more what I want to do with my life. More coaching, more facilitating, more organizational developoment... whatever that means!

And so, on Monday, May 2, I'll return to work full-time, at my old company. In a way, since this will be such a big change, it's nice to do it in a place that I already know, with people I already know. It makes it that much less daunting, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment