Friday, April 15, 2011

It's so different, and so the same

This week marks the completion of year three of this blog. Year three! Last year, I made books out of each year before, and just tonight made one out of the previous year. To commemorate, I went back to re-read the first year, April 2008. Nolan was almost four, Max almost 1, Abby 5, Ava wasn't even a thought.

Oh my goodness, we did some funny, crazy things. They said things that had me rolling on the floor... again, three years later. There were things that happened that I forgot, that I never thought I'd forget. And there were things that I can't believe were already three years ago (Sadie's been gone almost that long? Really?).

I wrote a lot in those first months of the blog, of everyday things, of everyday life. Lately it's been harder to do that much writing, but after seeing everything I'd forgotten, I think I should try. I mean, if I don't write it in the blog, will the kids remember what life was like some days? Or maybe it's better that they only remember the general and not the specifics. Maybe they'll be scarred for life!

Today marks the end of the first week of Dave at home. It's been good and he's finished lots of projects. Abby doesn't like it because he cooks more, which means she has to try more things. It's strange to go to work and not have to worry about daycare anywhere.

Tonight, the kids found their own fun, grabbing a sleeping bag and riding it down the stairs. Yes, all four of them, sitting in a row, sliding down the steps. Something tells me we wouldn't have allowed Abby to do that when she was Ava's age. But then, Abby didn't have a big sister to push that envelope for her. A blessing and a curse!

Tomorrow Abby and I are going to run a 5K in the cold, wet weather. Bleah. Then Abby's heading to a birthday party, then we're going to a neighbor party. Something tells me Sunday will be spent with a lot of couch time... unless the weather is nice. Then I will for sure be soaking that up!

No comments:

Post a Comment