Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Time enough

On Tuesday, I met my friend Laura for breakfast. She mentioned how strange it was not to have any kids with her (her kids being David in kindergarten and Nathan in preschool). I immediately was envious, especially after Max jumped all over the place and then had to go to the bathroom, his patented 20 minute "I need to sit in the bathroom" go to the bathroom, that is. But then, I remembered not to wish it away, which is so hard some days. And it was just punctuated tonight by the fact that Ava wants to go to bed when she falls asleep. Not only do I do the ultimate mommy sin of letting her fall asleep while I'm holding her, I also don't put her down until I'm ready to go to bed. I just love to eat up that time, but no more. Now she falls asleep and she gets all squirmy, and sleeps better in her own bed instead of me holding her. It just reminds me, time enough, Jill, time enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment