Monday, March 1, 2010

Toothapalooza

We have been keeping the tooth fairy busy around here! Nolan lost a bottom tooth on Saturday (his fifth tooth overall) and then Abby lost an incisor yesterday (her eleventh overall). Between those, and of course Ava getting teeth from now until, well, two years from now, we're certainly covered in the tooth department. Even Max has caught the bug and keeps coming up to me, wiggling his teeth, and telling me he has a loose tooth too. Ha! I guess he feels left out.

Anyway, when Abby lost her tooth, she informed me that she things the pointy teeth are worth more, and that she thinks the tooth fairy will bring extra. Um, not so much. But, when she came into my room this morning, she told me that she got $1, but nothing extra for the pointy tooth. Then she asked me if I put money under her pillow. Hmmm, I asked why she thought that, and she said she didn't know, she just thought maybe I did. So I asked if she believed in the tooth fairy and if the tooth fairy left her money, and she said yes. So I pointed out that if we both left money, she'd have gotten more that one $1. That seemed to make sense. Then I asked what she thought the tooth fairy looks like, and she gave me a full description. But I do wonder... at what point when they ask, "Did you put money under my pillow?" or any other question of a fictitional character, do you say, "Yes, sweetie, I did."

In other news, Ava went to the ENT today and like I suspected, she'll be getting tubes. In fact, she's getting them on Thursday already. Once we got in, it was crazy fast! Hopefully all goes well and they work for her as well as they worked for Nolan.

Hope everyone had a good weekend! My friend Nicole came to visit, and let Abby do her hair and her nails. Abby was in heaven. Then Abby painted Max's nails, and put ponies in Max's hair. I got pictures that I'll post soon, I promise! (Nicole, I didn't get any pics of you this time... this one from last time will have to do. It's funny, Max, Nolan and Abby look so much older, but Nicole looks younger! :))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, why is the nail polish so hard to get off? I'm going to be sparkly for a month. oh, wait... that's not a bad thing! Thanks for great weekend (with great food and drinks too!)

Good luck to Ava tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

--Nicole

Jennifer Fink said...

I'll just warn you: there's no good time. I answered my oldest honestly once, only to have him dissolve in tears b/c part of him still believed and WANTED to believe.

Curious to hear what others have to say!

Post a Comment