Thursday, March 11, 2010

Gender identity issue

Max and I were watching a movie this morning when he declared, "I want to be a girl." A girl? Really? Yes, a girl like the goddess on tv. A girl like Abby. It's funny because I just read how, at this age, they really have no concept that you actually can't grow up to be a girl. Just like they have no concept that they can't grow up to be a dragon, or Batman, or whatever. Just when I looked at him again and said, "A girl?", he said, "No, I wan't to be a boy. Like Nolan." At least he has good role models, either gender! But you know what's funny? No matter how 'enlightened' I think I am, when he said that, it gave me a moment's pause, wondering, what if?

Of course, I shouldn't have been surprised. I mean, he wears a hair band nearly everywhere we go lately.
This is truly my favorite look. The hair band, and the Buzz Lightyear outfit. The outfit made for a Build-A-Bear bear!
He really liked the ponies in his hair. With the hair band. And with the SpongeBob top and the Spiderman pants. He's a fashion statement for sure.
With Max's blond hair, I think I could actually pass him off as my little girl if I wanted to!

Here's just cute pics of the kids I like.

The last picture is everyone with their new passports! Everyone was so excited. Except me. I forgot to send in my marriage certificate with mine, and my name changed since the last time I got my passport. I knew it immediately, but when I called, they told me I had to wait to get the letter from them telling me I forgot it, and then expedite the passport. UGH! I just want that passport in my hand!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah... Dress-ups. Good times.

It'd be nice if we could grow up to be whatever we wanted.

Jennifer Fink said...

Max is going to kill you for those pictures someday. :)

Post a Comment