Saturday, May 14, 2011

What do you do at 11 AM on Saturday morning?

Since it was cold, yucky and rainy today, I was headed to the Y running in. I was getting close (for those of you around here, on Hwy 45, between Paradise and 33) when I spotted a car swerving in and out of his lane, onto the shoulder, back onto the road, going about 40 mph. I very carefully passed him and the guy looked nearly passed out at the wheel. SCARY! So, I've never really done this, but I called 911. He was seriously that dangerously. I talked to the dispatcher, who transferred me to another dispatcher. I gave her car make, model, license plate number. I told her he got off at 33 east. I gave her the best description I could while sitting in a parking lot. She put me on hold to notify the officers, and I started driving back to the Y. She came back on the line and let me know the officer needed to talk to me, so he came to the Y and I met with him to let him know what I know. Easy enough.

A little while later, as I was completing my first mile, someone from the Y came to get me to let me know the police officer needed to talk to me again. I went up to meet him and he needed a written statement from me. Apparently, they traced the guys license plate to a house in West Bend, and two officers went to meet him. They pulled him over before he got home, gave him a drunk driving test, and sure enough! They brought him into custody for an OWI. Woo Hoo!!!

Clearly I was way excited, but totally shaking. Never called 911 before! I'm just happy they didn't pull the guy over and then it turned out he was just fine. That would have been embarassing. But what I want to know is... Who the heck gets pulled over for drunk driving at 11 in the morning?? Was he going home from an all nighter? Did he start at 7 this morning? What's the story? Sadly, my guess it happens more than I'd like to think

No comments:

Post a Comment