Sunday, May 8, 2011

The perfect Mother's Day

I had a great Mother's Day! We did... nothing. :)  I slept in a little, I read my book a little, I napped a little, I played Wii a little, I took a little bike ride, ate I a lot of shrimp boil! The kids gave me all their presents they made in school, which were really sweet, and then Dave and the kids did a book where you can record the answers to certain questions (What does mommy do to make you feel better when you're having a bad day?). Some were sweet, and some were pretty funny! I had the perfect amount of just sitting quietly today all by myself, mixed with playing with the kids. On Friday we got some new Wii and DS games (thanks, Grandma and Grandpa for the gift cards from Christmas!), and Abby got Just Dance. It was so much fun to watch all of them dance (including Ava!), and even more fun to join in and dance myself. In fact, it's even a good workout!

Tomorrow starts week 2 of work. It was a good week, but a long one. I have way too much time on my hands, and am looking forward to actually doing things this week. I have plenty that I could do, but research and getting files ready for projects coming up just isn't my thing. And it leaves me very distracted by other things. One of the strangest parts, though, is that I basically know everybody, but I'm not really in a "group." The people I sit with is the group I've sat with forever, but I don't work with them anymore. Some of the people are newer and some have been there awhile. I never really needed to know the new people well, and never had the time when I worked part-time to get to know them, so they all know each other and I'm kind of on the outside. After so many years, it's a strange place to be! Once I get my desk moved to my new group, and I start on my new projects, I know I'll feel much more acclimated, but until then, I'm definitely a fish out of water.

To all the mom's--my mom, my sister, my mother-in-law, my aunts, my friends--I hope your day was fantastic, and that you were able to do today whatever was perfect for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment