Monday, May 2, 2011

So the same, and so different

It's Monday morning at 8:45. The kids are just starting school. I left for work this morning before they left for school. And I will leave for work the rest of this week before they leave for school. It's a strange thing. If I were at Kohl's, it would have been a very nerve-wracking day... new people, company, policy, training, everything. But here, I know everyone, know what I'm going to be doing. And still, it's a strange thing, knowing I can't really come and go as I please (that salary vs hourly thing!), that I'm here every day, that the kids will go to school and come home and my role will be different. I know it will be fine, it's just a different place to be.

We had a great, but exhausting weekend. Friday night we went to see the play Rock of Ages with our neighbors Brenda and Mayur. We so rarely get a babysitter that it was nice just to do that, and the play was way funny. Basically a story based on '80s rock songs. We sang loudly, with some of us (Dave) knowing the words more than others of us (the rest of us). It was great and we got home just after midnight... and then got up at 4 AM to leave for Minnesota for our nephew's First Communion. We were all tired, but we got up there in good time and the kids had a lot of fun hanging out with their cousins. We spent Saturday night, went to church Sunday morning and then headed back home yesterday afternoon. A lot of time in the car in two days, but the kids were troopers, and it was worth it to hang out with them for a little bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment