Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sick at Six Flags

Dave had the day off of work on Friday, so we were planning on doing something, hoping Ava would feel better. First it was Wisconsin Dells for the day, but then the weather showed 72 and thunderstorms. Ugh. So, we checked out Six Flags Great America. It's been a long time since either Dave or I had been there, and neither one of us is really up for the rides, so we had never really considered it. But, they have some pretty big kid areas so we thought we'd give it a go.

First off, the kids loved it! And Dave. Abby, Nolan and Max (with Dave) rode everything except the really big roller coasters--all the spinny things, the water rides, up and down. They went on things I surely would have gotten sick on. Luckily, I got to stay with Ava the whole time. And Ava was mostly feeling better. By the end of the day she was a little stir crazy being in the stroller all day or having someone hold her, so I let her crawl around on the ground. It was pretty yucky dirty but it kept her happy. We got there at 9:30 and didn't leave until almost 9:30--and all the kids did really great!

And then there was me. Thursday I felt kind of yucky, and Thursday night I didn't sleep much because my throat was killing me. But there was no way I wasn't going to go, or have no one go, to Six Flags. So off we went. And all day was kind of iffy. By the time we got done I was worn out and achy. Sleeping Friday night was bad, and so Saturday I got up and went to urgent care... and my strep test came back positive. I came home, did a few things I had to get done as fast as possible, took a three hour bath, then went to bed for another four hours. I got up at 4:00 and was at least able to hang out on the couch with the kids. Another nap last night, and bed at 9:30, and I'm feeling much better today. I can still feel it, but it's so much better than yesterday.

Today, Abby goes to camp. I'm a little worried, mostly because at Six Flags, we shared a drink all day. Nothing like giving my daughter strep. So far she seems ok, but I'm really nervous about sending her to camp. I guess time will tell...

2 comments:

Stacy said...

oh man - i hope you are on the mend and abby doesn't get it. i had strep in june and i haven't had it since i was a kid. so many people have had it lately. my kids didn't catch it thank goodness. i'll hope for the same for yours! i hope you feel better.

Stacy said...

ps - i think the last time i went to six flags was with you guys. ;-)

Post a Comment