Monday, August 9, 2010

She's still my baby girl

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVA!!


I can't believe my baby girl is 1 today. I still call her that--Hello, my baby girl! How's my baby girl? I guess she'll just always be my baby. But she is so much younger than the rest of the were at one. I mean, by the time Max was one, he was conquering the world. I'm so glad Ava is a little bit more laid back. She doesn't always run for the bathroom if we forget and leave the door open, and if we block the stairs she just goes right by instead of trying to go through the blockade! And she's younger than Abby and Nolan, who both walked by their first birthdays and just seemed so big! But she's just right for Ava... crawling and exploring everywhere, figuring out how to throw things, make her opinions known for toys, food, sleep. I think she can both say and sign "More", but I never can tell for sure what are real words and what aren't. This year has been a crazy one. You would think by the fourth I would be prepared for anything, but she's so different from the others--eating and crawling late, ear infections and hand, foot mouth. She completes us, and there hasn't been a day that's gone by that I haven't been thankful that she's here.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh, she's adorable! Happy Birthday, Miss Ava!

Post a Comment