Monday, August 9, 2010

She went away a 7 year old...

On Saturday we picked up Abby from camp. She was super happy to see us, even her brothers! It was awesome to hear about her week, at least what I could piece together. She did BB Guns and Archery (and is close to being a "women of the wange"), swimming, got a million bug bites, laughed during bearclaw (which is a serious thing) because someone tooted really loud, got enough to eat (no easy feat!), got fabulous points, sang songs, learned crazy jokes, and did all great camp things. But she also developed an attitude worthy of a 13 year old. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it was all the week at camp. She'd definitely been working on the attitiude prior to camp. But I think that her being the youngest at a camp with lots of big kids definitely made a difference. Now I'm attempting to get rid of the attitude as best I can.

BUT... on the other hand, it is so nice to have her home. She evens out the boy/girl ratio in our house, she watches Ava, she played with the boys for hours tonight, she's funny and crazy and sweet. I'm already planning her week to go next summer, but for now, I'll keep her around.

No comments:

Post a Comment