Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Mornings with my boys

I'd be remiss if I didn't blog, at least just a little bit, about the mornings I had with the boys while Abby was at camp. A few mornings were busy with something or another, or me being sick, or whatever, but Thursday and Friday were all about leisure. Thursday the boys played Pirates of the Caribbean. They made a dungeon out of the footstool and couch pillows and made Ava and me lay in the dungeon. Of course Ava could come and go as she pleased, but I had to stay in that cushioned, confined, pillowy dungeon. Oh darn! At one point I thought, "If Dave were here, he'd get a plank, a pirate ship, a million things for them. But I was content at just laying in the dungeon, letting their imaginations take over for well over an hour.

Then, on Friday, I got up early with Ava (5:30), but then got her back down and she slept until 9:40 (9:40!). So, I was on the couch when Max got up and snuggled in with me at 6, and then Nolan at 6:30 came and joined us. We just hung out on the couch, watched cartoons and giggled until after 9. Usually their constant chatter grates on me, but that morning it was perfect.

I missed Abby, but I loved the mornings with my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment