Wednesday, August 18, 2010

MIA

I lack ambition lately. Part of it is that last week, when I took Ava to the doctor and also snuck in a question about me and why my throat still hurts, the doctor took a look and said I had a resistant strain of strep that the first round of antibiotics didn't clear up. So, I got a new prescription, stronger, and while it's helped the throat, it's done just wonders for my stomach!

I also went back to my kidney stone doctor for a check up. They're still there (I knew that) and he'd like to treat them again. It requires anesthesia and general yuckiness. I say if they don't hurt, leave them along. He says if I pee blood (yes, too much info, I know) I need to figure out why. I'm just not all that curious. So we settled on getting a new contrast CT scan and we'll go from there.

BUT enough about me! Last weekend we went to Dave's mom and dad's house, where we "suffered" out the heat in the pool. It was perfect, and I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else. Unfortunately, we came home and Dave is gone all this week, but at least we got to hang out for a few days first.

And summer is almost over. I took the kids to registration tonight for school. Abby has two of her good friends in her class, so that's good, but not the teacher she wanted. But then she heard this teacher orders pizza a lot. She thought that was pretty exciting. Nolan pretty much knew who his teacher would be, same as Abby's. But, he's in class with his good friend Kyan from across the street so he's excited about that.

13 days until school starts! I'm really not that excited about summer coming to a close, but I am excited about having a schedule again. A reason to enforce bedtimes, a morning routine, an after school routine. But I'm not looking forward to homework, rushing around, or bedtimes when it's still a nice summer or fall evening out. And really not looking to that horrible season that comes after fall. Ugh! It will be here way too soon!

That's my ramblings for tonight. Not too exciting, but it is what it is! Until another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment