Monday, August 23, 2010

My morning monster

My other children all slept and slept well. Oh, Abby had some issues for a little while actually falling asleep, and would holler several times before she actually nodded off, but that was when she was older. But Ava? She fights sleep with all her might. She screams when we go into her room and if I put her down before she's asleep. And then, at 5:00 AM like clockwork, she wakes up. She's obviously still tired, but restless as well, and won't go back to sleep. We'll sit there quiet for a long time, and I'll think she has nodded off, but as soon as I put her back in her crib, she's up and does not want to be left alone. I put her on the floor thinking she'll get crabby at that, but instead she crawls around and plays with her toys before finding her door and heading out to the hallway. And I'm still half asleep. So, we come downstairs, and on a regular bases, five minutes after we get down, she cries and gets crabby, I pick her up, and she falls asleep nearly immediately. And just as I'm dreaming of going back to bed, the other kids wake up, and she sleeps for another hour or two. Gee, thanks kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment