Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My poor little girl

Ava has been sick now since Friday night. Originally it was just a little cranky and eventually turned into 103 fever. She got blisters on her bottom, and one became infected, and she couldn't sit on it at all. If I touched it (you know, when I pick her up, put her down, put her in her carseat or her high chair) she screamed bloody murder. I took her to the doctor, and it turned out she had hand, foot, mouth disease. (Which is not at all related to hoof and mouth disease!) She had blisters in her mouth, but not on her hands and feet, but on her bottom, and that was what was causing her fever. The fever is reduced now, but so far, the antibiotics haven't completely taken care of the infection on her bottom. She's adapting well, figuring out how to crawl with it, stand up, and then go back to her knees instead of her backside. And I'm adjusting too... This is how I fed her lunch on Monday...

My poor little baby girl!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

It is going around and when Jack had the high fever they thought it might be HFM or Roseola. It's neither, but he still isn't completely better. It seems to be some sort of sinus/cold thing since he ended up with a cough.

I hope Ava gets better soon and I'll cross my fingers that the other kidlets don't get it.

Anonymous said...

on an unrealted note.... Ava is going to think she lived in the kitchen ;-) all the shots of her on the counter, in the sink. too funny.

hope she's feeling better soon and you're getting some rest too.

Love, Nicole

Post a Comment