Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Too cold for school?

I go a full week without really anything to say, but then bam! Two posts in one day. Wow.


Dave's gone tonight, and I got the automated call from school this afternoon telling me that school is canceled tomorrow because of cold weather (wind chill of -30 to -40 below until Friday noon). When Dave travels, as most people know, I'm fine. I don't mind the empty house, the kids' schedules, the hectic moments, for the most part. But there's always just a little bit of me when he leaves that panics. What if I can't do it this time? What if they get the better of me? What if I really do lose my mind? And then, when it's too cold to even have school, my stomach leaps into my throat, and I worry about what the heck I will do with these kids all day. Luckily, my head usually kicks in and says of course everything will be ok. Even if it's hour by hour, minute by minute, it will be okay. And it always is.


Tonight, I actually had energy! It could because of the nap I took while Max was napping and Nolan was watching TV. Nolan probably loves this pregnancy thing... he gets to watch more TV than ever. You want to watch another show? Great! Can you be quiet so I can sleep longer? But at least if I get a nap, I might be able to keep up with them at night. After dinner, I gave Max a bath, and Abby and Nolan came in the bathroom, with Abby's ipod and player, and we cranked the music and danced, danced, danced! Then, we came to the living room and danced some more! Everything from Please Don't Stop the Music to I Want a Hippopotomus for Christmas and Grease Lightning. Even Max got into it, and got mad at the kids when the sat down and wouldn't dance with him anymore. It was pretty fun. And now, the kids are still up (except Max), watching TV, and I figured why not... there's no school tomorrow!


Speaking of tomorrow, I'm supposed to be meeting a preschool friend of Nolan's and his mom at a local indoor playground place. I really want to, but it's SO COLD. But if I don't, I may just lose my mind! Hmmm, lose fingers to cold, or lose my mind? It's a tough call.


Here's some pics of my dancing fools... Max dancing with his monkey when no one else would dance with him.

Go Greased Lightning!



Some funky moves goin' on!




That's the ipod player behind Max and the monkey... he also liked being the dj! That kid can feel the groove!


Be warm!

2 comments:

Kent Gregory said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kent Gregory said...

I’m glad that your kids' school immediately informed you through automated call about the cancellation of class. Having that kind of system is really helpful and advantageous. Anyway, it seems that your kids had a great time bonding together. They seem to have maximized their day without classes. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that, Jill! All the best to you and your family!

Kent Gregory @ Armature

Post a Comment