Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mama said there'd be days like this...

Ok, maybe my mama didn't say there'd be days like this, but stay at home mamas everywhere did! You can definitely tell it's winter, and we've been spending a lot of time indoors. Max is still sick, and on his second round of antibiotics. That makes him crabby, and needy, and yet still crazy. Today, I took a sippy cup to the lip, and that swelled up and started to bleed. Then he came and sat on my head, and broke the clip in my hair. When I politely took him off my head, he cried. You know, the "But I really want to sit on your head!" cry. So then I hugged him. Later on, my cell phone rang, and it was Dave. Strange because he never calls me on my cell phone. Apparently, our home phone wasn't working. Kitchen phone was fine, office phone was fine, but wait! Where's the basement phone? Who knows. I looked in toy boxes and cubbies, in with construction paper, and even the garbage. Nothing. Ugh! Well, it was time for dinner, so we had some dinner, and then back to the basement to find the phone. I looked everywhere again. Abby looked everywhere again. Finally, I lifted up the center console of the couch, and there, with his extra diapers and, for some reason, a half-filled cup of water, was the phone. And it had been going for the past two hours. Oops! Luckily, it didn't call anyone, just took all our phones off the hook. That kid! Of course, that was after yesterday... I took the kids to swimming lessons and Dave was going to meet us there. He got there a little later than normal. Turns out Max must have been playing with the stove on our way out (I'm guessing). When Dave got home, it smelled completely of gas. So, after shutting off the stove, he opened all the windows, put out all the pilot lights, and let things air out a little bit. I'm just glad Dave was home... not sure what could have happened in the four hours we would have been at swimming, and not sure what I would have done if I had gotten home with the kids with that in the house. Man!

Tomorrow I'm taking the boys to a place called Family Funland around here, with a friend of Nolan's from preschool. Hopefully, they'll run around enough to wear them out for the rest of the day. It's also nice getting together with Nolan's friend David and his mom, Laura (and his 2-year old brother Nathan). Laura is very down to earth and, like me, doesn't necessarily fit it (or want to fit in) with the rest of the moms at the preschool, and is also going a little crazy this winter. Perfect match! We've been hanging out quite a bit, and now she's watching Nolan for me on Mondays when I work. That's GREAT, since Nolan cries every Monday when I drop him off, even after five months of this same routine. Now, when I picked him up on Monday, he asked if he could go back. I told him every Monday and he just looked at me and said "Can't I go more often?" Alrighty then! I think that will be much better for him!

Anyway, it's almost 8:45, past my bedtime. I better be going!!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment