Sunday, January 25, 2009

DC Rocks!

Ok, so I haven't actually seen much of DC yet, but so far, we're having a great time. We got to Dave's parents on Friday night, finished our Christmas by opening presents with them (kids were SO excited to get more gifts!), and then took off around 5:45 on Saturday morning while the kidlets slept. We got some breakfast at the airport, our flight got in early, Brian picked us up at the airport, we came back to his and Tammy's beautiful new house, and then I sat on the couch the entire day until dinner! I can't remember the last time I did that... so relaxing, just sitting and chatting. We went out for a great dinner with another very funny friend, who also so happens to work at the Pentagon, and then back to Tammy and Brian's for a game of Scattegories (which, I won, and won $20!). :) Sleeping last night was so nice... it's just so quiet in their house! Even when I sleep in at home, it's always noisy, and I didn't really realize it until I laid there this morning and everything was just so wonderfully quiet. Of course, that's all about to change in May when Tammy has a baby! They'll be awesome parents, though, and I'm so excited for them.



Today I think we're heading to the Holocaust museum and maybe some other sights, and then the day is open. Tomorrow we head back to the little kiddos. It'll be nice to get back to see them again, but I do welcome the break... Dave talked to his parents last night, and his dad said, "I will not babysit Max again until he's 21!" Oops!

2 comments:

Jennifer Fink said...

I had no idea you were headed to DC! Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

I should have called Lee and Carol and gave them the "Max" warning. Even my house is quieter with the "G" team out of town!!!

Safe travels home!
Jenny "T".

Post a Comment