Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A new dream

Ok, since that last dream was pretty disturbing, I thought I'd post a better one today! We've been planning to take the kids to Disney over Abby's spring break (the week after Easter), but after planning, checking and researching, we came to the conclusion that it was just too expensive to go during that timeframe, and considering they could charge that much, our guess it will be WAY busy too. So instead, we're going to go to Busch Gardens in Tampa, and stay at a hotel in Clearwater on the beach. Still warm, still fun for the kids, a third the price. I'll take it! And the kids were so excited about it, even more so than when we mentioned Disney! The night we told them about it, I had a dream that we were there, walking around. I don't remember much about it, which probably isn't surprising since I've never been there. Regardless, it was a much nicer dream then the last one!

And, I'm guessing the kids dreamed about it too, considering how intent they were at looking at everything about it. Here's Dave showing them what all we can do there...


And here's Abby and Nolan before bed, checking out the website themselves. It definitely held their attention!
In other goings-on around the house... Max was Dave's little helper in putting up new cubbies for the basement and for Nolan's room. Hmmm, I'm not sure if that hammer is a good idea!

And I don't know what you do when it's too cold to leave the house, but here we have dvd stacking contests. Here's Abby with 25 dvds stacked up on her feet...

And Nolan with as many on his back. Talent. Pure talent.


And that's it from here. Not much going on. While not as cold as last week, it still feels too cold to go outside (at least for me!). But, we may try it this afternoon and see if it saves some sanity.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Have you ever travelled with little ones? Do you bring the carseat on the plane or lap them when they are max's age?

Jill Gawrych said...

Yup... we've travelled quite a bit with the kids. The only time I ever brought the carseat on the plan was when Abby was about 11 months old and I took her to NY. The ticket agent let me know the seat next to me was open, so I kept the carseat and it was nice. Mostly, though, I want to check carseats right away... too much to carry through the airport and keep track of. I keep them on my lap (as much as possible!). Max to Busch Gardens will be difficult, but at least he'll have four of us to crawl over, as long as I can keep him still during takeoff and landing! Are you going somewhere with the kidlets?

Post a Comment