Sunday, February 13, 2011

Times they are a changin'

Work. We try to keep it as much in the background as possible, but it also seems to be what defines us. When it's going well, we're happy in other areas of our life. When it's not, well, nothing seems to go well. I started this blog when I decided to quit my job. And now... well, now, I don't know.

Nearly five months ago now, Dave and I decided we needed a change. In order for him to do his job better, he would have to travel more. And, while both of us have lived with his travel for most of our marriage now, it's just gotten overwhelming lately. Dave misses things with the kids that he really doesn't want to. I feel stressed trying to help with homework, clean up dinner, play with the Littles, and everything else that goes on in a regular evening. So more travel just was not an option.

In fact, Dave decided he would love to stay home with the kids, at least for a little bit. So, I started talking to my company about coming back full time. Timeframe was kind of up in the air, so I didn't push it too hard, as I didn't want to get a full-time offer but not be ready to accept. And then...

My boss announced she was leaving. There were lots of reasons for her leaving, and while everyone else in Marketing has a clear new path of reporting, I don't. So, I've upped my efforts for a full-time job, and believe I know what I would want to do (but won't put it here for fear of cursing it... but I promise to let you know if I get it!). We'll see how all that goes, and in the meantime...

Dave's company announced on Monday that they've been bought out by a major competitor. It's been a crazy week, and he has no idea where anything stands. They've said they'll retain key employees. Dave has no idea if he fits into that or not... and doesn't necessarily want to fit into that! A severance package of some sort would make for a nice transition to...

Well, a transition to something. We really have no idea where that transition will lead. But, I have faith that it will all work out. It always does. One way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment