Sunday, February 20, 2011

Just hangin' out

The snow rain ice sleet is falling outside and I couldn't be happier. Last week my mom emailed my sister and I, asked if the kids had Monday off (they did), thought she should take it off, too (she did), and in about 30 minutes' time, we decided to go to a hotel, decided which one, and had reservations. And were so excited! We left early this morning to beat some of the yucky weather, and since then have swam, played at McDonald's playland, swam some more, ate pizza, played in the game room, watched some tv and as I type, I'm watching all the kids, minus Ava (who is sleeping in the crib next to me) and Kate (who is sleeping on my sister near the pool), through my poolside window, get in some final nighttime swimming before it's time for pjs and a movie. And some more junk food. Can't forget that! What awesome family time!

(And for those of you paying attention, Jen's husband Mark has to work on Monday so he's not here, Dave is at a conference in Orlando (gee must be rough!) so he's not here, and my dad is, well, neither a swimmer nor a sit-in-a-hotel-and-look-through-magazines-while-the-kids-run-arounder so he's not here. We miss them, but the girl bonding time is fun, too.)

The world seems in such upheaval right now for our family, and I'm not exactly sure where it's all going to come down. I hope it's right-side-up, and actually, I'm more than hoping... I'm fairly confident it will, and I haven't gone into panic mode yet (I'll let Dave handle that mode). And for today, this moment, I'll look out at my view over the pool and be happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment