Thursday, June 17, 2010

Why I quit work (and why I should go back!)

Yesterday when I got home from work I was tired. I picked up the bigs, ran to the store to get drinks for Nolan's snack for tball, got the littles, then came home, decided against trying to shove down dinner before the game, and then headed to the tball game. And throughout it all... the kids talked. I know, HOW DARE THEY? They talked! Apparently after a day away from me, they all want to tell me something, which is great! I mean, how long will I have that? How long before I'm begging them to tell me something, anything about their lives? But after a day of work, my listener is just worn out. One more comment, question, story or joke is just too much for me to take.

So I woke up this morning, ready. I heard Abby and Max wake up, and that always makes me smile because they come downstairs by themselves and Max curls up next to Abby on the couch and they grab a blanket and watch TV. Plus, a few extra minutes of sleep? I'll take it any day! And they're a little slow to wake up, so it lets me have a few minutes of quiet, which helps. But then Nolan woke up, started asking questions, Abby wanted conversation and Max was his usual crazy. And I did good for awhile, I really did! But to be honest, by 9:00 when we were leaving the house, I just couldn't field any more questions. (Whoo hoo, I made it to 9 AM!) So we took a trip to the Y, and you can bet I put a movie on in the van for the 13 minute trip. The silence was golden.

Hey, I never said my mommying was perfect or pretty, but at least I'm honest about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment