Monday, June 21, 2010

Storms by myself

I love thunderstorms, I really do. Watching the lightening, hearing the thunder, the rain on the roof. It just makes me happy! But... I really prefer them when Dave's home. I knew it was raining out, and heard the thunder, but was pretty surprised when I went in to close Abby and Max's window and heard the Emergency Broadcast going off for thunderstorm warnings. Luckily, the major storms are south of us, but it's still just a little nerve-wracking.


We had a busy weekend! Friday we hit the zoo where Abby had zoo class and Ava, the boys and I walked around and then met my sister and her three kiddos. It ended up being a very nice (if very warm) day, even though rain was predicted. Saturday after a very nice breakfast (I love going out to breakfast!) with a good friend of mine and good conversation, I met Dave and the kids at the boat. We ended up out on the boat for about five hours, and the kids were great. Sunday was Father's Day, and we didn't do much. Unfortunately, Dave had to mow the grass, and then he also made us all dinner. Lucky for me, a good Father's Day for him means him cooking a great meal!

I have a ton of pictures on my phone, but haven't transferred many yet. So, I'll just leave you with these of Ava enjoying the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment