Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My schedule is officially lost

We are now one month into summer, and I have to say, so much for any schedule!! We try. Oh, do we try. And by we, of course, I mean, me. Every day the tv goes off at 8:30 sharp (usually, unless they're crabby, or I'm still not dressed, or...). And bedtime is 8:30 on the nose (usually, unless there's a tball or softball game (every night), or they're having fun outside, or Dave brings home a new Harry Potter Wii game, or...). We go to the Menomonee Falls YMCA with my dad every Monday (usually, unless it's Fourth of July, or someone has a doctor's appointment and we go swimming instead), and we go to the West Bend YMCA on Tuesday and Thursday (usually, unless babysitting is closed to move to a new location). I work on Wednesdays only (usually, until I need to work on Wednesday and Thursday).

See what I mean? What schedule?? I can't tell you the angst that it causes me, especially when it means me not working out for four days (hello five pounds!), and my only quiet time coming after they got to bed (I'm so tired by then!). I'm trying to be flexible, to have fun with them, to bend the rules because hey, don't we all wish we could be little and enjoying summer vacation again? And let's face it, if I'm going to completely schedule their summer, then I might as well go back to work... and even I don't want that kind of schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment