Sunday, May 2, 2010

Abby's Second Communion

Ok, so it's not many people who write about a Second Communion! But, that's exactly what Abby had today. It felt really strange. With her First Communion, it was obvious it was a special day, what with the dress and people and all. But today was strange, her coming up with me to Communion, and being able to participate. Crazy! But, since she didn't wear fancy clothes today, I'll show pictures of last week instead. Here she is in her dress. The dress is new, but the veil was my mom's for her First Communion. Unfortunately, Abby was just a little too big for the dress.

Siblings!

Grandparents!

Parents!

Abby bringing up the wine. Funny thing about the wine. They told us at practice that the kids should try wine at home if they weere going to have wine at church. So, we got Abby a little bottle, and Dave's mom "helped" her practice. I'm not sure how it worked, but Dave's mom's glass was clearly full, and she had to demonstrate to Abby several times over! She kept saying it was all in the line of duty.

And her "class." At least, those at this mass. There were about 90 First Communicants in all during five masses over two weekends.
The day was really nice. It's funny because I kind of thought I'd be a basket case. I mean, in years past, I've cried at people I don't even know! But this was hard. Between the commotion of a day, and the commotion of Max and Ava in church, it was hard to really focus on Abby, and I feel bad about that. When we went up to communion, it was just Abby, Dave and me, so that was good and I could really just watch her, but that was really the only time. Other than that, it rained the entire weekend, and the catering place I got messed up my order. And when I say messed up... I mean they didn't even make the sandwiches! It was crazy, and we ended up ordering pizza (which Abby liked better anyway), and all was fine.

Other than that, it was just a really busy weekend (last weekend). Dave and I went to the Brewer game on Friday, then First Communion Saturday, and then we celebrated Nolan's birthday on Sunday at the hotel pool that Dave's mom and dad and sister and family were staying at. By Sunday afternoon I was beat, and have to admit I was happy for rain and watching movies all day!

The week went by in a blur, and this weekend was nice. We had great weather, and Saturday was "Nolan's Day." He won the NCAA pool so got to pick whatever he wanted (within reason). So, he had breakfast in bed, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch, we got the slip and slide out (NO, it was NOT warm enough!), went to see How to Train Your Dragon, and then came home and watched Harry Potter. Fun day, but busy! Today we went to church, breakfast and bowling. Then relaxed. And Dave cleaned. I'm always happy on those days!

On to a new week!

1 comment:

Jennifer Fink said...

You all looked beautiful. Big events going on in your family!

Post a Comment