Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day, Wisconsin Dells, Nana's birthday, what else?

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers! Tonight at church they prayed over all the moms, and prayed for all the moms who had lost a child. Abby turned to me and said, "I'm glad that isn't you!" Me too, Abby. I'm glad she can keep that innocence for a little bit. And for those of you without that innocence? I pray for you doubly hard today.

Today would have been my grandma's (Nana's) birthday. She passed away nearly six years ago, but would have been 100 today, her birthday, Mother's Day. I know she's smiling down on all of us!

We got home today from a weekend at the Dells. Usually we go with my family for Christmas, but since my parents moved down and we could do Christmas at, well, Christmas, we postponed it a bit and celebrated Nolan's and my nephew Chad's birthdays. We stayed at the Wilderness in a four-bedroom condo, and had a great time! Swimming, presents, food, games, movies, and just all over crazies and fun. Good times!

And now to get ready for the week. Tomorrow we start with Dave heading out on a trip, softball practice and t-ball practice. Back to Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment