Saturday, May 15, 2010

Cinderella

Softball and t-ball has started in full swing now. Last year, I really liked watching Nolan's t-ball, but softball? Not so much. At 6 years old, Abby was on a team with some 9 year olds. Too big of a spread of ages in girls if you ask me. And the coaches were a little, ahem, overbearing. They yelled at the other teams' coaches, and let the girls yell at their teammates. And I never really connected with any of the other parents. This year is so much better. They added a new league, so all the girls are in second grade, just like Abby, and she knew them all. And I know lots of the parents already, which is very nice.

The first game, or scrimmage actually, was last night, and the girls looked really good. On the way home, Dave told Abby she did a great job, hit well, and looked ready for the ball. Abby gave him the craziest look and said, "What??" And Dave repeated, "You looked like you were always ready for the ball to come." To which Abby responded, "OH! I thought you meant the BALL. Like, dancing!"

You can imagine how much I laughed all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment