Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Clausterphobic Days

Maybe it's a strange description, but I find these 40 degree rainy days to be clausterphobic. I was actually ok all winter, never really felt closed in or cabin fever. But now? After it being nice, or at least warm enough to hang out outside, I just feel jittery. I'm not even sure I want to go outside, even if the weather would allow it, but yet, the idea of me not being able to is still tough to deal with, especially with Dave traveling this week. Yesterday morning I wanted to crawl back in bed with a good book. Instead I took the kids to school and headed to the Y and did a longer-than-normal workout and chatted more than usual, just to connect. Then I took Max and Ava to Family Dollar, just for fun, and then headed home for lunch and movies. What better way to pass a rainy afternoon! Then, I couldn't bear to go home with the bigs, so we all went bowling. (I signed up for two free bowling games a day until September at http://www.kidsbowlfree.com/. You should try it! They have lots of alleys and lots of states available.) Mostly it was ok, but Max quickly lost interest, and Abby and Nolan, for some reason yesterday, were just at each others' throats. I threatened several times to A) Not go to dinner afterwards; and B) Never to come bowling again. Both were empty threats--no way was I going to cook dinner last night, and it's FREE BOWLING! Are you kidding me? Of course we'll go again.

Dave emailed this morning... he was supposed to have dinner last night with clients and the stood him up. WHAT? He could have come home last night. Geez! Oh well, he'll be home by the time I get home tonight and, heaven knows, he is the ultimate kid entertainer, making going home not nearly as bad.

Here's to sunshine and summer!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good one for the read, thank you
I liked your article very useful to me. I will come back and read the article again.
windows vps
izrada web
stranica

Shoutcast
radio streaming

Post a Comment