Thursday, May 6, 2010

Laundry causes me angst

Laundry seriously causes me major stress. It never used to be a big deal because, well, I never did it. I guaranteed that over 10 years ago by washing Dave's wool suit and he declared himself the official laundry guy. But when I started staying home, that changed. Dave no longer had as much time and, well, I did (kind of). So, in order for him not to have to do it at night or on weekends, I took it over during the day. Mind you, he's better at it still--I leave stuff in the washer and dryer, I hang crooked, fold poorly--but with four kids, clean is clean at least.

So, imagine my wonder and amazement when I got home and heard angels singing. All the laundry was done! AND... it was all put away! I think part of the angst it causes me comes from the location of our laundry room, right inside the garage door, next to the kitchen. If there's a mess there, I see it each and every day. And when I got home last night, it was all clean. It made me so happy, and knowing that for today I don't have to deal with laundry, I'm over the top happy again today!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be married to one gem of a husband!?

Jessica said...

I dislike it because it's a job we can never say is done. It's always there, always demanding our attention. My biggest sin is leaving the clean clothes in the washer for too long... after a day they don't smell very good and they have to be washed all over again.

My heart is happy for your relief to return home to an empty laundry pile. I feel the exact same way when I get home and someone has loaded the dishwasher for me.

DeeDee1Whoa said...

Whoever wants to affiliate with my blog or for us to follow each other's blogs on Blogger, let me know! I'm willing to return the favor, I mean we could all use some more traffic & readers on our blogs.
http://deedee1whoa.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment