Monday, May 10, 2010

All Ava, all the time

Ava has entered "that" stage. You know, the one where she wants what she wants, and doesn't necessarily forget what that thing was. It's easy when what she wants is just some random toy. A little more complicated? When she wants Max's toy. It's easy when she wants her puffs or yogurt melts. A little more complicated? When she wants Max's snack--and Max is eating peanuts. It's easy when Abby, or Nolan, or Max, or anyone is enough to keep her company. A little more complicated? When she wants me and only me to keep her company.

Lately she's fine with Dave, as long as I'm not in the room. As soon as I come downstairs, or inside, or in the room and she hears me, she wants me. If I put her down, she's fine until I turn around and walk away. She just panics if she sees my back! It makes things a little tricky, especially if she doesn't want to be held but wants to play, and I have to stay nearby. And when I turn her over to babysitting, she cries. That always gives me a little bit of a good feeling, because I know she loves me, but still makes me sad. I just want her to be happy.

I remember Abby doing this, too, but don't remember the boys that way. They probably were, too, but I just put it out of my memory. I think my girls will be alike, which should be... interesting. Abby has gotten so big, so fun, and yet so challenging (mind of her own, how dare she??). It'll be fun to see how Ava grows up, and what she's like at 7. You know, when Abby's 14. (Yikes!!)

1 comment:

A Sequins Girl said...

love the look feel of your blog. my 1st kid's 7 months old now and has begun behaving just like your ava.. it does feel nice when she lunges into my arms from other's but it kind of handicaps you..like i have to brush while carrying him :) you have 4 kids! amazing:) good stuff!!

Post a Comment