Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Thank yous are hard

Sometimes, thank you is hard to say. It's easy when you pass the salt, or pick up a dropped paper, or get a gift, but the big ones can be difficult.



But do you know what I think is harder? I think it's harder to accept a thank you. In the past few weeks, a few people have given me genuine thank yous for what I did or how I helped them. While it meant a ton to me, I was left speechless on each occassion, shrugging it off like it was nothing. It's even harder, I think, to accept thank you than a compliment. A thank you means you impacted someone's life, personally. And that's a big thing, an important thing. And I wish I knew how to accept them gracefully.



So, if you've thanked me recently, thank you. Thank you for thinking enough of me to give me the thank you. And if I wasn't so great at accepting it, know that it still meant a lot.



Enough of that! Mushy, mushy... geez!

1 comment:

Jennifer Fink said...

"A thank you means you impacted someone's life, personally. And that's a big thing, an important thing."

Exactly. :)

Post a Comment