Sunday, January 24, 2010

St. Anthony once again

Once before I blogged about St. Anthony and how well he works. You pray "St. Anthony, come around, something's lost and can't be found." Then, for whatever reason, you find it. Well, it's worked again. On Thursday we went to eat, Dave paid, and then he couldn't find his wallet Friday morning. He called the restaurant, no dice. I looked through the van, in our room, in his jacket, everywhere. Nothing. He got home from work Friday and looked everywhere again, to no avail. He called the restaurant again, but nope. He then went outside to vent some. Meanwhile, I put Ava in her highchair, put her bib on, and stopped to say the St. Anthony prayer four times, deliberately thinking about what I was saying. I walked to the refrigerator, got out Ava's food, and noticed something under the dining room chair. Under closer inspection, it was, indeed, Dave's wallet. I got him to come in and look, and we were both joyous. Although, he did say I could have found it a minute earlier so he didn't hurt his ankle on whatever he kicked in the garage.

And speaking of Ava's food... she's finally eating some. I tried giving her some a few weeks ago, but she really didn't do well, with oatmeal, or applesauce, or anything. She just spit it all out, and the literally turned her head and wouldn't look at me or open her mouth. Now she'll eat most fruits, but squash, sweet potatoes, peas, or any other veggies? Nothin'. Apparently she takes after her sister.

Nolan is quickly becoming a toothless wonder. Last week he lost a top tooth, and now he lost the other one. He looks pretty funny, and I promise to take pictures soon!

Tomorrow the kids don't have school so we're heading to a local waterpark. I'm hoping it won't be too busy, and lots of fun! I'll let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment