Wednesday, January 27, 2010

"It looked sucky"

I got new yogurt the other day. Usually we're Yoplait Thick 'N Creamy kind of people, simply because its consistency is more like custard and doesn't fall off the spoon when, oh I don't know, someone takes a spoonful and turns it upside down prior to inserting said spoon into his mouth. But Nolan takes yogurt in his lunch almost every day, so I figured with him, I could get the cheaper stuff. I mean, he's been using a spoon for awhile now. So when he got home from school, I asked him how his yogurt was. His response? "It looked sucky. And then when I tried it, it was sucky." What? I asked what he meant and he demonstrated how he sucked it through the big gaping hole in his front teeth. Ah, I see. Indeed it is sucky!

On another sucky note, I forgot what real food does to babies' diapers. As little as Ava actually wants to eat real food, apparently it's still having the impact. It's a sad stage--one where you go from not minding changing a poopy diaper of your adorable baby, to whose kid smells like that? It couldn't possibly be mine!

And, speaking of growing up too soon (do you like my transitions here?)... Nolan has been sleeping in the basement, just to have a room of his own. That's not new news, but today he told me he'll just tell me goodnight upstairs. He doesn't need to be tucked in anymore. What?? How can that be? I didn't have the heart to tell him that I still need him to be tucked in at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment