Sunday, January 3, 2010

And time just keeps going

Today I am crabby. I'm not sure why... possibly because Abby and Nolan are going back to school already tomorrow, and possibly because they've been home two weeks. I don't know how it can be, but it seems like those things are two sides of the same coin. It was hard tonight, getting them ready for bed earlier, making sure backpacks were ready, clothes were ready, we have the good stuff for lunches. I think it's all the stuff that comes with going back to school that puts me over the edge. Suddenly, there wasn't enough time to finish the reading that should have been done and the other homework, the laundry, come to terms with the schedule.

But it's been a fun two weeks! Christmas morning here, Christmas with Dave's family in Chicago, a few days off, Christmas with my family on New Year's Eve and then, and then, New Year's Eve. That was quite possibly the most fun I've had with the big kids since they've been born. YES! It was that nice to me. We got home from my family Christmas, and put Max and Ava to bed (sorry, littles!) and then let the games begin. Abby and I played her new game Qwirkle (love it!) while Dave and Nolan played Lego Indiana Jones Wii. Then Abby and I played Wii Sports (beat her!) and Dave and Nolan played Bakugan Brawl (a board game Nolan got from Santa... Dave's not so happy with Santa as the game is really not so great). Then we all played Uno and other games, and finally watched the ball drop. I truly couldn't have planned it any better, and they were so much fun. (A huge sorry to Jenny and Rocky, Cody and Kyle who we totally canceled plans with!!)

Prior to this, there's also been "stuff" going on with Dave's job. I wasn't able to blog about it much because of all the people involved, but he got a new job. After much back and forth, he accepted it the week after Thanksgiving, but waited a week to give notice at his current job. After he gave notice, they counter-offered, which was nice but a big shock for Dave. He decided it wasn't about the money, and turned down the counter-offer, but then his VP and then the CEO talked to him more and convinced him to stay. It was truly an agonizing few days for him as he really didn't know what to do, but I'm happy to say that now he's at peace with his decision, and for that I'm happy.

That's it for around here. I'm hoping we survive the school day and return to regular life tomorrow. Maybe it'll be a welcome change?

1 comment:

Jennifer Fink said...

How did I not know this? We totally missed talking about Dave's job the other day!

Post a Comment