Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Jen (Actually, Mark!) gets his wish

Mark has said several times that he wishes we had a "real" child. You know, a willfull, drop everything, throw a temper tantrum, take everything out of reach that's breakable and lock every cupboard in the place kind of child. Well, Mark must have wished on the right star, because I think we have it in Max! He is a terror child. He's learned to climb stairs already and of course has fallen off of them. I block them off, and he screams when Abby or Nolan go up them. He loves the bathroom, and has already "washed" his hands in the toilet more times than I can count, and then dried them on several rolls of toilet paper. He LOVES the china cabinet, and apparently has an affinity for my wine glasses. I move him away, I distract him, I give him other toys and cups and food. And when all of that didn't work, I made a trip to Home Depot for baby proofing gear.

But it is nice to see him in better spirits. He was up quite a bit with 103 fever last night, and of course it's always when Dave's out of town. I think he just has trouble teething, and then drains everything into his ears and chest and then gets an infection. I gave him antibiotics that we didn't use from last month (it was insurance the doctor gave us for when we went to Texas because it looked like he might get an ear infection then) and his fever seems gone, but he's still crabby. He's napping now and hopefully all will be well this afternoon.

Happy mid-week!

No comments:

Post a Comment