Friday, April 18, 2008

It's Friday!

Yeah! It's Friday! And I don't have any plans. Abby and Nolan have swimming lessons tomorrow. It's the first time at the Y so we'll see how it goes. They weren't going to let me sign them up for the bigger kid classes because they haven't taken lessons there before and I just laughed. There's no way I was getting in the pool with Nolan for swimming lessons! Considering he gave up his floaties a couple of months ago and dives to the bottom for rings, I think he'll be ok. Abby will be fine too, of course, but I'm hoping they put her in a class where she can learn real swimming. She doggie paddles great, and I've shown her how to front crawl so she does that fine, but she doesn't have the breathing down very well. If she listens to a teacher (she doesn't listen to me very well, go figure!) then I think she'll pick it up quick.

I forgot on Sunday we also have a birthday party for a girl in Abby's class. It's at Pump it Up, which is a huge indoor place with the biggest inflatable jumpy things. She's gone a couple of times for field trips and other birthday parties and loves it, so I'm sure she'll have fun on Sunday. The girl, Saige, is one of her best friends (can you have those in kindergarten?? at least she doesn' t have a boyfriend like some of the others!). Saige was adopted from China and is as outgoing as Abby is shy (at least in the classroom). They balance each other well and her mom is nice too. Too bad she works, or we could just hang out all summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment