Friday, January 17, 2014

Tween texts

Abby got a phone for Christmas. You can call me crazy, or her spoiled, but I got her an iPhone 5. Part of it, honestly, was I didn't know what to get her. She desperately wanted a phone. She didn't need one quite yet, but she would by her birthday. With volleyball, softball, forensics, test re-takes, and a million other things, I like that she can get a hold of me. And that if I'm running late, or need her to do something, I can get a hold of her. But you do get funny texts. I get a lot of:
Hi!!!!!!!
And:
When r u gonna be home? 
Or:
Hi
Hi!!!
R u there?
Hello
All within 8 minutes of each other.

The other day I got, while she was on the bus:
I have had a horrible day
I had to get my lock cut off because it would not turn
Which resulted to me missing my band lesson
And then I forgot my language arts book
And I have a ton of homework.:(
Now I have to get a new lock
And since I had to go to the office to get the custodian, I was late for math class
This exchange, other than a little funny, was also helpful. I knew that (A) She would be crabby. (B) I needed to figure out time to go to WalMart to get a new lock. (C) I should meet her at the door with a hug. (D) I better make sure she starts on her homework at a decent time. (E) I should remind her to take her clarinet tomorrow for her make-up band lesson.

This phone thing is pretty good. I can see that we could have more information exchanged over text than actual conversations, eventually. I think I'm ok with that, as long as I'm still getting information!

No comments:

Post a Comment