Monday, January 13, 2014

The ER trifecta

A few weeks ago, Ava was complaining her arm hurt. She was playing with Rayva, and just kept saying "Rayva pulled my arm hard." I was busy getting ready to take the kids skiing so I kissed it and moved on. But, when I got home, she had been in bed for a few hours, but kept waking up in pain. So, I bundled her up, came to the ER, and it turns out she dislocated her elbow. Scream, pop, pop, silence. Then, "it doesn't hurt anymore." Apparently you pop it back into place and all is good! They have her a bear and Ava named it Lewis, after Dr. Lewis who was her doctor.




Next up, I ended up taking Dave to the ER on New Year's Eve. He had a sty in hi eye forever, but of course refused to actually get it checked out. On New Year's Eve, some crazy icky pod of blood vessels decided to come out of his eye, but was still attached. He wanted me to pull it out. Um, no? So off to the ER. Unfortunately the ER couldn't do anything because there was no ophthalmologist, so home we went. Obviously Dave had uber patience for this, and even more patience when going back to the eye doc the next day and they still didn't do anything. Ultimately he ended up popping it himself. I'm just glad I wasn't home. The ER also have Dave a bear because again he had Dr. Lewis, and they really liked Ava. She named that bear Eva since it was New Year's Eve.


And then tonight. I was just going to be when Nolan said "my finger hurts." I tried sending him back to bed to think about basketball plays, and gave him Tylenol. No lick. So here we sit in the ER, waiting for an infected finger to be lanced. There's no Dr. Lewis this time, and bear still to be determined!



No comments:

Post a Comment