Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A day in the life

5:45   Wake up and get ready
6:00   Get Abby out of bed
6:45   Wake boys up
7:10   Take Abby to bus stop
7:30   Take Ava to Alina's
8:20   Take boys to school
(within all of that, get myself dressed, try to do my hair, take Buca out, get breakfasts ready, referee fight over which scarf belongs to which boy, figure out if someone can pick boys up from school for me, empty dishwasher)
8:50   Arrive at work, already late for meeting that started at 8:30. Decide it's not worth it anyway, especially after getting text from senior executive to stop by
9:00   Meet with senior executive #1
9:30   Meet with VPs #1-5
10:00  Meet with senior executive #2. Realize after 20 minutes she's not coming.
10:20  Hi mom! Quick drive by her desk
10:30  Meet with VP #6
11:00  Meet with VP #7
11:30  Lunch with HR Team. Present on two different topics
1:00   Meet with my team. Thank God they're normal. And understanding
2:00   Meet with VP #8
3:00   Meet with senior executive #3
3:45   Call senior executive #4 from #3's office
4:00   Start putting computer, paper away, trying to get out
4:10   State specifically I have another meeting
4:15   Put my coat on
4:19   Leave!
4:20   Start drive home
4:30   Call boys to make sure they made it home and haven't killed each other
4:35   Call Alina. Ask her to have Ava ready to go when I get there
4:46   Get to Alina's grab Ava
4:59   Pick up Abby and friends from school from forensics practice
5:15   Drop off friend #1
5:20   Drop off friend #2
5:25   McDonald's drive thru
5:34   Home! Feed all, change for volleyball, get Ava's bag ready to go to volleyball, dry Abby's volleyball clothes because water bottle leaked, load the dishwasher, clean up dinner, let Buca out
6:20   Sit down!
6:28   Get up! Get Ava ready to go. Make sure boys are ok alone, give them directions (pjs! teeth! don't kill each other!)
6:35   Leave for volleyball practice
7:00   Volleyball practice
8:45   Head home
9:00   Home. Get Ava ready for bed, let Buca out, get boys in bed
9:15   Do math homework with Abby. Get frustrated. Try again. Tell her to just write numbers down. It's just a completion grade anyway.
10:05 Get Abby in bed
10:15  Write blog
10:45   Go to bed!!!

Two things keep me sane... (1) Dave doesn't travel all the time. When he's home, you can take off much of the pre-8:00 and post 4:00. (2) My kids rock. I can trust them, they get stuff done, they are nice to each other (usually, but especially when I'm not home). Even Ava tonight was SO nice and polite and great at volleyball. I told them tonight how much I appreciate them... and thanked them profusely for making all of our family work!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm exhausted. And overwhelmed. And stressed out. And worried I forgot something. I need to go take care of my two golden retrievers, pour another glass of wine and text my friend Jill to tell her how AMAZING she is...

Whew! What a day.

--Nicole

Post a Comment