Sunday, January 19, 2014

The new homework

Abby is usually pretty good at keeping up on homework. She makes use of every moment at school she can, she reads on the bus, and is just generally on top of things. This week has been a challenge. For some reason, she has more than usual, in each class (maybe snow make up days?). We've also had a more than challenging schedule between forensics practices (Wednesday and Thursday), volleyball practices (Tuesday and Wednesday), and then other things with the boys, as well as Dave traveling. So, tonight is make up day. She's a good trooper about it... she just hunkers down at the kitchen table and does what she needs to do. Spanish, math, language arts, social studies. I thought the picture was interesting though...

Can you see that? What she's using? It's her phone! She uses her phone for homework more than I ever used a calculator, dictionary or encyclopedia combined. And, I think it's ok. I think they encourage this. I think they say they should do this. She even reads from it during reading time. I think it's simply... fascinating... that one device can bring so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment