Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Another old email...

Dave wrote this one in 2002. Before we even had Abby... when we first moved to Mayville. I think he had some, ahem, adjustment issues to a small town!

The Top 10 things that which make it painfully obvious that we now live in a
small town:

10. Realizing we live aross the street from a VFW Hall that has a Sherman
Tank pointed right at our houuse!

9. Having the neighbor from next door bring us a cake, coffee...and even some
coffee cups.

8. The fact that it's easier to turn water into wine, than find a place
that's open on a Sunday afternoon!

7. Having people know refer to freezers in terms of can-or-can't it hold a
whole cow? Not steaks...or chops...BUT THE WHOLE FREEKIN COW!

6. Having the dog fly out of the house and pick a fight with the plastic deer
on our neighbors lawn!

5. Having Nathan from next door leave dandelions in our mail box with a note
saying "I picked these for you guys"...CAN'T BREATHE...TOO CUTE...MUST GET
AWAY!!!

4. Having everyone say how busy it is in town today, only to realize that I
didn't see them because THEY ALL WEAR THAT STUPID CAMOUFLAGE CRAP!

3. Seeing the sign on my way into town: "Mayville...Population...4,802"

2. Just because I was wearing a green and yellow t-shirt with the Tanqueray
Gin logo on it, does not give the waitress at the diner the right to refer
to me as "the one with the Green Bay Packer shirt on..."

1. Having two people in the span of about an hour ask me "Hey, do you hunt
geese?" Do I freekin look like I hunt geese, jerky!


....HAPPY PLACE...HAPPY PLACE...HAPPY PLACE

No comments:

Post a Comment