Friday, June 15, 2012

You can't make magic

This week, I remembered that last year I sat at the window with Max, just watching fireflies and listening to frogs, and I had the great idea to try that again. I put the girls to bed, and Nolan was watching hockey in the basement, so I told Max I had something super secret just for him. We turned off all the lights and snuck into Nolan's room, opened the window and watched as the fireflies flitted about, and listened to the frogs talking to each other. I was mesmerized. Max, not so much. He told me the frogs were geese. When I whispered, "How many fireflies do you think there are?" he answered, "Eight." Ok then. I guess it just doesn't have the same appeal as last year! Oh well... I guess I'll have to try one of the other kids. One of them, on the right night, I hope will find it as neat as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment