Sunday, June 10, 2012

Our first birthday together!

On Friday, I gave Alina the day off to celebrate a very special day... Her birthday! And by giving her the day off, I really mean I didn't know until Thursday at about 5 pm that I was going to take Friday off, and neglected to tell her until I texted her at 6, so she actually thought she was working, but ended up not having to work, which is almost the same, right?
Regardless, I still would like to take the opportunity to say THANK YOU!

Since joining us 6 short months ago, she's dropped the kids off and picked them up from school a million times (almost).

She's taken Max to preschool and Tae Kwon Do enough for him to get a purple belt.

She has celebrated numerous holidays. Some of them are obvious... Christmas, New Year's, Valentine's Day, Easter. But who could forget Cinco de Mayo, Earth Day or Little House celebrations?

Sports practices

Parks of every shape and size

Games and laughter

Tears and worries and sickies

Pet stores and then our wishing there wasn't a pet store!

Dinners and surprise late nights


Friends and neighbors


And every now and again, we even let her go home...

And relax.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALINA,
FROM FOUR COOL KIDS!!!
(And their not-so-cool parents)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you love her!
Alina is magical. It is so nice to see that you appreciate her talents and creativity. I'm sure the kids are learning so much in her weekly lessons that are disguised as fun. I adore their giant smiles in all her photos. She loves them and it looks like they love her right back.
- Carine

Alina said...

Thank you so much for my suprise day off and my special Birthday tribute. I know I take a lot of pictures of the kids but I never realized how many pictures I take of myself! Thanks for choosing good ones!
I love you all so much! Thank you for making me feel so loved.
Alina

Jill Gawrych said...

I had to search and search for these pictures of you... and I don't have any of you with the bigs! We need to work on that. :) I heard the fondue cupcakes were a hit today... enjoy the rest of your birthday week!

Post a Comment